2008年11月27日木曜日

New Zealand Culture★


Hi, I want to talk about Haka. Haka is traditional folk dance from the Maori of New Zealand. And it means dance and song with dance. Expression is important for leader of Haka.
For example, Pukana: showing white of the eye. Weru: pushing lower lip out.
The most well-known Haka is "Ka mate".
Watch the Movie!!!
-Lyrics-
☆Ka mate! Ka mate! (Tis death! Tis death!)※Tis mean it is.
 Ka ora! Ka ora! (Tis life! Tis life!)
(☆Repeat)
Tenei te tangata puhuruhuru (Behold! There stands the hairy man)
Nana nei I tiki mai, whakawhiti te ra! (Who will cause the sun to shine?)
★A, hupane! A, hupane! (One step upwards…another step upwards)
(★Repeat)
Whiti te ra (The sun shines!)

3 件のコメント:

Antonio L. さんのコメント...

OMG! I thought this dance was Brazilian cause we also have this dance in Brazil, and here it's called "Dança do Siri" which means "Crab dance"! It's extremely popular here. BTW, nice blog!

Y♥O♥U さんのコメント...

I heard that there is a traditional dance in New Zealand. Your chose picture is very interesting. When I watched your blog, I was very surprised.

maichi さんのコメント...

Hi,Mayuko☆
I was surprised because the picture you used is very funny.
And your blog is interesting!
You have some links.
Very nice!